Our tax advice on transactions focuses on mitigating liabilities arising as a result of a transaction and also ensuring that consideration is given to the efficiency of tax arrangements going forward.
Our transaction team includes specialists in all the key tax disciplines such as capital gains tax, inheritance tax, income tax, corporation tax, VAT and PAYE. Areas where our team often get involved include:
- pre-sale planning to identify potential tax liabilities and the options available to mitigate them
- corporate and shareholder restructuring to facilitate a tax efficient sale
- capital gains, inheritance and income tax planning in relation to sale proceeds
- pre-acquisition tax due diligence on target businesses
- advising on tax efficient structures to finance and integrate target acquisitions
Our tax specialists work seamlessly with the corporate finance team to provide an integrated advisory service at all stages of a transaction.